Thursday, April 4, 2013

Raised Bed Revision.

 I built a 4ft by 10ft  raised bed a couple of years ago against my back fence. A great resource, but there was a problem. The bed was too big for me to reach across comfortably, so plants that were along the back near the fence were somewhat neglected (trimming, pest control, etc.) I few weeks ago, I decided to fix it.  Below is the original bed.

   
It was an easy fix. I just cut out a 2ft section of the bed and added a three sided 2ft by 2ft by 2f cut out. I added a little pond stone to the bottom so it doesn't get too muddy. Now I can comfortably reach all areas of the bed. Below is the after shot.
 













I also added drip irrigation while I was at it.Cost? About 20 bucks because I was all out of lumber and emitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment